VARIOGRAPHIC AND POLYGRAPHIC EXPERTISEResearch scope:
- Variographic/ Polygraphic studies consist of evaluating the sincerity of speech based on the unconscious reactions of the body during the test,
- Variographic/ Polygraphic studies allow us to limit the range of suspects, assess the credibility of their testimony, explain cases of false accusations, slander, mistakes in the presentation of individuals, etc.
- Variographic studies are permitted by the Polish penal procedure (Art.192a k.p.k.) in the form of an expert opinion.
- Variographic studies are also performed for non- processive purposes.
We use modern specialist equipment and testing methods:
- The study is conducted using Lafayette’s computer polygraph/Variographer, model LX 4000-SW, and a data acquisition system (DAS), which records the subject’s:
– Changes in respiratory cycle.
– Changes in heart rate and blood pressure.
– Skin-to-skin reactions.
- Research is mainly done through proximal optimisation technique (POT), Backster Zone of Comparison Techniques. The tested person is also subjected to trial and stimulus tests.